Saturday, October 4, 2014

Bless Her Pointy Little Head

Found on the French doors yesterday was this Katydid, the Hook-faced Conehead (Pyrocorypha uncinata).
This is a female as seen from the lengthy ovipositor but she is still immature, a nymph and won't be adult until the spring now.

Meanwhile this weekend is the annual Halloween graveyard construction and house decoration project. I've already been busy this morning making accessories for Mrs.B's bird witch costume for the end of the month. Time to get out the Fimo for a raven beak and finger bone necklace.
I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out though I think perhaps some paint is called for. It just looks perhaps a little...anemic yet. I'm inspired to get some more Fimo as it's been decades since I messed with it and I'm sure it has some interesting scary possibilities.
More on the Halloween decor as the weekend unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment