Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Another New Dragon

It's always a little more difficult keeping the posts regular from vacation but I'm trying to keep reasonably up to date. And so after the weekends new Darner here is another new dragonfly for my list.
It is the White Faced Meadowhawk (Sympetrum obtrusum) 


We used to call meadowhawks darters back in the UK where the common darter and ruddy darter where the most numerous species on my pond back in Gloucester.
I also have this attractive little part ginger Bumblebee 
And, eating blueberries from the bush in front of the cabin yesterday, a Waxwing. I haven't seen one of these in years when they used to migrate in huge numbers to the north of England from Scandinavia.

1 comment:

  1. (1) Beautiful dragonfly. There have been more than usual around here

    (2) Gorgeous bumblebee. I love bumblebees.

    (3) CEDAR WAXWING FTW!!

    ReplyDelete