Saturday, July 27, 2013

My Due Reward

Well it looks like I finally managed to fix the blasted leaking toilet. I won't say for sure until tomorrow morning if the floor is still dry.
 
But as my reward I took myself out in the pleasant sunshine, a little cooler these last 2 days just in the mid-80s. I wanted some better pictures of our Black Swallowtail cats and anything else was a bonus. 
 
The caterpillars change dramatically with each shed skin. Right now the fennel has about 3 stages of cats. They start out almost entirely black and each stage adds a little more colour, white, orange, green.
 
 
 
 
 
 
We have lots and lots of Black Swallowtails of course. But we also have our state butterfly the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail (Papilio glaucus). And we had a particularly nice specimen today on the mallow.
 
 
 
Our garden arch, built for Mrs.B and my wedding in the backyard just 9 years ago, is grown now with vines and honeysuckle. The honeysuckle always seems to be a popular spot with the Basilica Orbweaver
 
 
And I do see Ruby Throated Hummingbirds in the yard on a fairly regular basis. But somehow I never seem to have the right lense. The same was true today I still didnt have the long lens but the macro. Still just for once the pictures were usable once 95% on the frame was cropped out. One day I'lll get them, but these will do to post at least. They really do love that salvia. 
 
 
 
Now I'm going to check on the toilet. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment