Friday, September 12, 2014

Whoopie! Loons!

We stopped at a roadside stand the other day advertising cakes, pies, and Whoopie Pies. They were all out of all of these but Mrs.B bought a jar of homemade preserves anyway. Passing today we were earlier and so stocks were still good. So we bought Whoopie Pies, a   Maine speciality of two sponges sandwiched with a cream filling. Today they came in chocolate or pumpkin pie. $2.50 each and leave your cash in the box fastened to the tree. You are on scouts honour for that. Seems they do a roaring trade and I'm not surprised.


Big ain't they?

Meanwhile the Loons are coming closer by the day and are finally just in range of the long lens. Only just but here we go. I hope to get better yet but I can't promise. They are birds and so don't ever cooperate.





1 comment:

  1. Whoopie pies AND loons... you are so lucky!

    We sold SO DAMN MANY whoopie pies at the store (ok ok... I mean "they sell so damn many whoopie pies." I am the only one gone, not the whole store.)

    Hey, guess what? When you took the Kangamangus Highway you went right near the Cute Little Mountain School in the Cute Little Mountain Town at which I almost took a job! (Instead I am working at a big school near some other mountains, which was my second choice, for reasons too numerous to mention. Which is unimportant and has nothing to do with loons, whoopie pies, Maine vacations, or you.)

    ReplyDelete